Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Get Inspired!

I love Charleston, and I love this concept!

Robert Prioleau and the Blue Ion marketing firm think that Charleston is more than just a nice place; they think it's inspiring and that it's time to get the word out!

“For instance, I ride my bicycle a lot when I travel around downtown Charleston,” Priouleau offered as an illustration. “Now, most of the time, I don’t give any thought to what I’m doing as I make my way down our historic streets, but once in awhile, it simply hits you: ‘Look at how lucky I am to get to do this any day I please.’

“That’s inspiring to me, and when you think of how to market a location, whether it be as a tourist destination or a place to build a business, what better thing to say to people than, ‘Come to Charleston and you’ll be inspired too,’” he said.

Priouleau was just one of the creative minds about town who came together several months ago to try to find a way to create a distinctive Charleston brand that would capture all the things various entities promote about the region and distill it into a single message.

In a phrase, which isn’t owned by any particular community organization, the region’s new brand is "Charleston Inspired."

For the interactive "Charleston Inspired" website: http://www.getinspiredcharleston.com/#
For the Blue Ion marketing firm website: http://www.blueion.com/
For the full story from the Charleston Regional Business Journal: http://www.charlestonbusiness.com/pub/13_9/news/9327-1.html

No comments: